A recipe for a low-waste marmalade and cleaner all in one!
- Organic Citrus peels (lemon, lime or orange)
- Organic Honey or another sweetener like agave
- Save your peels and leave them to simmer in enough water to cover them, plus a bit more.
- Once your peels are tender (after 10-15 minutes), drain the water into a container and leave to cool.
- Pour the water into a spray bottle and use it as an all-purpose cleaner!
- Once the peels are cold, slice them to your desired thickness or length.
- Mix 1-part peels to 1-part honey although, you can adjust this as it depends on the consistency you would like.
- Cook the mixture on the stove for 10 minutes – here, you can add any spices, extra honey, or a splash of water.
- Spoon the mixture into a clean glass jar – a store in the fridge.
- Et voila, a cleaner and marmalade all in one for all your low waste cleaning and tea and toast desires!